Agents & Brokers
Due to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), Capital Health Plan’s Small Employer Group Portfolio of Benefit Plans changed in 2015. The following three plans will be available beginning on January 1, 2015: 3101 – Platinum, 3102 – Platinum, and 3104 – Gold.
Transitional Policy for Non-grandfathered Coverage in the Small Group Market
On November 14, 2013, the Federal Government announced that insurers could extend current small group plans into 2014 even though they do not comply with the Federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) regulations. Therefore, Capital Health Plan will allow small employers that were enrolled in a small group plan issued after March 23, 2010 but prior to October 1, 2013 the ability to stay in the plan that they would have had in 2014 had the plan not been retired.
Options Small Employer Groups renewing 1/1/2015 through 10/1/2015 have for their health care coverage in 2015 are now as follows:
- Choose one of our three ACA compliant plans (see section above). If this option is chosen, a signed renewal package is required 30 days prior to the renewal date.
- Alternate Option - keep the 2013 plan. An individual rate sheet (titled ‘alternate benefit plan’) for the 2013 plan had it not been retired in 2014 will be included in each renewal package. If this option is chosen, a signed renewal package and a signed rate sheet is required 30 days prior to the renewal date. The dental portion is not required if this option is chosen, however, it is still available to the Small Employer Group if they would like to provide the pediatric coverage (at the additional Delta Dental premium).
Please note: The transitional policy does not permit the selling of non-ACA compliant plans to new Small Employer Groups. New Small Employer Group proposals will therefore include only the three ACA-compliant 3100 benefit plans.
Find the benefit plan that is right for your Employer Group.
Interested in becoming an appointed Capital Health Plan Agent Partner?
Review Capital Health Plan's locations, service area by zip code, Provider Network, and department contact information.
Capital Health Plan provides many resources to our Agent Partners.
- Learn about what forms, publications, and marketing materials are available
- View billing statements, download renewals, and much more on CHPConnect
- Understand what is needed when Requesting A Proposal from Capital Health Plan
- Review Capital Health Plan's processes for submitting new and renewing business
- Learn how to become part of Capital Health Plan's Agent Partners
Capital Health Plan keeps making news! Here are a few of our latest news articles and achievements.
If you are interested in providing Capital Health Plan coverage to your employees, please contact the Capital Health Plan Sales Team.