Capital Health Plan offers wellness programs that are free for members. Members may access classes directly by dialing the phone number listed in the program description. If you need additional information, please call the CHP Health Information Line.
Making the Decision to Quit Smoking
Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking.
This decision is the first step toward a healthier future. Capital Health Plan is here to support you through your “quit” journey. Choose one or more of the options below, according to your preference. If you have any questions, please contact the CHP Health Information Line.
1. Florida Quit Line: (877) 822-6669: supported by the Florida Department of Health. This telephone support line provides educational materials and telephone counseling to those interested in smoking cessation.
2. Freedom from Smoking online: access www.ffsonline.org. This is an interactive format. Fees are reimbursable by Capital Health Plan once the course is completed. Send a copy of the completion certificate and receipt to CHP Member Services for reimbursement.
3. Quit Smoking Now: a 6-session free program offered by Big Bend AHEC. This is an evidenced based program that incorporates the Clinical Practice Guidelines for treating tobacco use and dependence. Nicotine replacement therapy, intensive counseling and relapse prevention are discussed. A monthly follow-up support group is offered for relapse prevention.
- Class Rules: Class members must attend all sessions and be on time. Please do not register for a class that will interfere with another engagement on your schedule. All classes are 6:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Registration: Those interested may receive more information and/or register for a class series by calling the Big Bend Area Health Education Center at (850) 224-1177.
4. Log on to CHPConnect to access Healthy Conversations: Quitting Smoking Again, a multimedia virtual coaching program.
Community Weight Loss Options
Embarking on a weight loss journey? Looking for the resources to help you achieve your goals? CHP is pleased to share a list of low-cost, community based weight loss programs in our area. Click the link for more information:
- Community Weight Loss Options (pdf 120.09 kB)