Value Generic Drugs
Did you know your employer’s benefit plan offers you one of the best values on more than 300 generic maintenance medications for chronic conditions? Consider this:
- You can get a 30-day supply of a generic drug for a copay of $3.33 plus a dispensing fee or a 90-day supply for $9.99 plus a dispensing fee *†
To take advantage of these low costs, get your presription filled at any retail store in the Capital Health Plan pharmacy network.
You can feel confident choosing a generic drug:
- Generic drugs are becoming the top choice among doctors and patients—more than 65% of prescriptions filled today are for generic drugs, and that percentage is growing.(1)
- All generic drugs must be reviewed and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and meet the same quality and safety standards as brand-name drugs.(2)
Brand drugs cost an average six times more than generic drugs(1)—yet according to the FDA generics are just as safe and effective.
Your Next Steps
- Ask your doctor if a generic is right for you.
- If so, have your doctor write a prescription for a 30-day or 90-day supply plus refills of the generic medication.
- Fill your prescription using any retail pharmacy in our network. Be sure to present your Capital Health Plan membership card in order to receive the discount.
For your convenience, the Value Generic Drug List (13 57.70 kB) is available to download. Information is also available by calling Member Services at (850) 383-3311.
*Copayment, copay or coinsurance means the amount a plan participant is required to pay for a prescription in accordance with a Plan, which may be a deductible, a percentage of the prescription price, a fixed amount or other charge, with the balance, if any, paid by a Plan. †Applies only to generic medications on the CVS Caremark Value Generic Drug List. Conditions often treated by generic medications on the list include high/low blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and more. (1) IMS Health, 2009. (2)FDA Web site: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/QuestionsAnswers/ucm100100.htm.
Your privacy is important to us. Our employees are trained regarding the appropriate way to handle your private health information.