Capital Health Plan Is...
Capital Health Plan Is...
- A local HMO focused solely on serving the area surrounding Tallahassee, providing coverage to more than 125,000 members.
- A federally qualified, local non-profit health maintenance organization created in 1982 to provide comprehensive and coordinated medical care for a fixed, prepaid fee with predictable copayments and no deductibles. This prepaid fee covers Members’ health care needs from routine physicals to hospitalization.
- Highly satisfied members; extremely low member disenrollment rates. Capital Health Plan leads Florida health maintenance organizations in this area.
- A plan which is the highest-ranked Medicare and Commercial plan in Florida and the number 15th ranked Commercial plan in the nation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) in “NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2013-2014”
- An “Excellent” accredited health plan by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) since 2001. NCQA uses comprehensive categories such as clinical performance (treatment), access to care, prevention and member satisfaction to determine accreditation levels. Among important findings from Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) data, Capital Health Plan is rated:
- Highest in the nation for Colorectal cancer screenings.
- Highest in the Southeast Region for Members Rating of Health Plan.
- Highest in the Southeast Region for Access to Neccessary and Routine Care.
- A mixed model HMO, combining the advantages of:
- Two modern health center complexes where physicians, nurses, and allied health care professionals directly employed by Capital Health Plan provide coordinated care for Capital Health Plan members in facilities that offer the convenience of "one stop shopping," and
- An extensive network of affiliated primary and specialty care physicians who provide care to members in their own offices, located throughout the service area.
At Capital Health Plan, a medical home is much more than a physical building; it's every aspect of health care coordinated by your personal primary care physician. As a Capital Health Plan member, your primary care physician knows you well and provides expert health care advise tailored to your needs. You have the choice of 150 primary care physicians, and 400 specialists across the Capital Health Plan service area, including the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan at our two Capital Health Plan medical centers dedicated exclusively to Capital Health Plan members.
Capital Health Plan's purpose as a nonprofit HMO is to provide the people in Leon and surrounding counties with high quality, affordable health care that:
- Focuses on delivery of evidence-based medical care under the direction of primary care physicians in an effective, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Emphasizes low administrative costs and ethical business practices.
- Is proactive and innovative in its continuous quest to improve the health of the community.
In meeting this need, Capital Health Plan seeks to serve our direct customers (our members, community, government) and the community at large by serving as the catalyst that promotes competitive choices for cost-effective, quality health care in this area.
In serving our direct customers, Capital Health Plan pursues high standards of quality in the delivery of health care while operating health care programs in a manner that achieves cost-effectiveness. Both quality and cost-effectiveness are key benefits to the consumer.
Members are consumers who access Capital Health Plan coverage through their employer. Most members have a percentage of their premium paid by their employer.
Capital Health Plan is governed by a local Board of Directors consisting of community leaders representing a cross-section of business, government, health care and community backgrounds. It is the responsibility of the Board to establish the major policies under which Capital Health Plan operates.
The staff of Capital Health Plan is centrally located at the health center complexes at 2140 Centerville Place and 1491 Governors Square Boulevard as well as an administrative service center at 1545 Raymond Diehl Road in Tallahassee. This provides Members with easy access to support personnel and necessary information about their health benefits coverage.
Capital Health Plan is an affiliate of Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Florida, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.